To configure a PPPoE dialer in Windows XP do the following:
Introducing OpManager, an enterprise-ready network & datacenter infrastructure monitoring software. Trusted by over a million IT admins worldwide, OpManager monitors Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Physical/Virtual Servers, LAN/WAN traffic, Configuration changes, Apps such as Oracle, SAP, Websphere, etc & other IT devices from a single console. It is easy-to-deploy & use. Try it for FreeDownload FREE 30-Day Trial of ManageEngine OpManager
- Open Network Connections from the control Panel and click Create a New Connection.
- In the Welcome to the new connection wizard click Next.
- In the Network Connection Type window select Connect to the Internet. Click Next.
- In the Getting ready windows select Set up Connection Manually. Click Next.
- In the Internet Connection windows select Connect using a Broadband... Click Next.
- In the Connection name windows enter the connection's name. Click Next.
- In the Connection Availability window select Anyone's Use (if you want to). Click Next.
- In the Internet Account Information window enter your ISP-given username and password.
Enable this connection to be the default connection, enable ICF and allow connecting without the need to prompt for a username and password - if you want. Click Next.
- In the final window select to create a desktop shortcut (if you want) and click Finish.
- A connect ISP PPPoE window will appear. Try to connect.
- Go back to the Network Connections window and see your new icon. You can change it's properties by right-clicking on the icon.