How do I configure attachment blocking in Outlook Web Access on Exchange Server 2003
Mailscape is an award-winning Exchange and mobile device management tool that provides monitoring, reporting and administrative capabilities in a single, affordable solution.
Installed in minutes, easy to deploy, and intuitive enough for the help desk to use, Mailscape lets you manage your entire environment in a sleek, one look dashboard.
MS KB 555001 by William Lefkovics (MS Exchange MVP) has more info:
There are 2 levels of file attachments for Outlook Web Access. Level1 attachments have file extensions that are prohibited from accessing by OWA. Level2 attachments have file extensions that can be accessed, but only if saved to the client's file system first.
OWA is installed with a default set of file extensions for the two levels as shown in the following registry keys:
Level 1 attachments
Level 2 attachments
Attachments listed should be separated by a comma with no space.
You may find these related articles of interest to you:
- Configuring Forms-Based Authentication in OWA and Exchange 2003
- Configure ISA to Publish OWA
- Configure Message Security in Exchange 2003
- Configure Message Security in Outlook 2003
- Configure Message Security in OWA 2003
- Configure OMA in Exchange 2003
- Configure SSL on OMA
- Configure SSL on OWA
- Configure SSL on Your Website with IIS
- Configure Web Access to Newsgroups Hosted on Exchange 2000/2003
- Disable Spell Checking in OWA 2003
- Enable Password Changing through OWA in Exchange 2003
- How to Synchronize a Pocket PC with Exchange 2003?
- Problems with Forms-Based Authentication and SSL in ActiveSync
- Reset OWA 2000/2003 Language
- Test OMA in Exchange 2003
- Web Access to Alternate PF