How can I disable EFS on Computers Running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003?
The following procedure will show you how to use Group Policy to disable EFS on computers running Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
Bitdefender Security Solutions:
- #1 ranked antimalware
- Cloud hosted, cloud managed
- Instant deployment, no IT overhead
- Protects laptops, desktops & servers
- Open the GPO that you want to edit. You can use Active Directory Users and Computers or the GPMC to edit the GPO.
- In the Group Policy Object Editor, expand Computer Configuration, expand Windows Settings, expand Security Settings, expand Public Key Policies, and then click Encrypting File System.
- Right-click Encrypting File System, and then click Properties.
- Clear the Allow users to encrypt files using Encrypting File System (EFS) check box, and then click OK.
You might also want to read the following related articles: