Petri.co.il forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Virtualization > Other Virtualization Products and Issues
Petri.co.il is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Citrix Xenserver 5.5 | Broadcom 57780 Kernel

Citrix Xenserver 5.5 | Broadcom 57780 Kernel

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 3208 times

Closed Thread

Old 24th May 2010, 06:50
Casual
Casual

6 month star 12 month star
Default Citrix Xenserver 5.5 | Broadcom 57780 Kernel

Hello!

Ok so i bought an xps 8100 and im trying to put zen server on it from scratch, the issue is i cant install due to "no network interface card installed" and ask me to reboot. my card is a broadcom 57780. So i know i have to go through shell and install the kernel but i cant create a kernel if i dont have linux installed.

1. Does anyone have the broadcom 57xx kernel? aka tg3.ko (i think that's what it would be called)

2. In regards to creating kernals for Xenserver 5.5 does the kernel have to be created in xen 5.5 or can it be created in another flavor of Linux?

3. What do you use to create kernels? (Preference version of Linux and ddk software)

4. Any other information you feel is helpful

I have searched the internet but I'm just not understanding this. So any information/ advise/ guidance you can provide will be helpful and much appreciated.

PS. It would really be much appreciated if someone can help me with this kernel

Thanks
-Liz
Closed Thread