Petri.co.il forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Networking > DSL, Cable, and other Broadband Issues
Petri.co.il is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

How I can access to SpeedTouch 510 settings?

How I can access to SpeedTouch 510 settings?

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 34126 times

Closed Thread

Old 7th December 2006, 14:13
Casual
Casual

6 month star 12 month star
Default How I can access to SpeedTouch 510 settings?

I have SpeedTouch 510 ADSL modem. I've got it from my friend. On his computer internet connection gone automaticaly. On opening of IE he is already on internet. He always have same IP address. But I need connection where every time I will write username and password. This is because I have got from my ISP ADSL connection with dynamic IP address. It is usefull for me because I can download some file from some webpages with one IP address. Then I made disconect and again connect, and download other file with other IP address. With his modem I can't do that. At IE i've typed 10.0.0.138 but modem asks from me to type Username and Password. But I don't know it. Also my friend doesn't know it. Through Command prompt I've typed telnet 10.0.0.138 but situation is same. MAC address of my modem is 00-90-D0-E5-6C-73.
Can anyone help me to avoid username and password? Is there exist some way to remove username and password from modem? On that modem doesnt exist button for factory reset.

Please help me.

Regards.

Old 7th December 2006, 15:33
Administrator

Reputation: biggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to behold (766)
Default Re: How I can access to SpeedTouch 510 settings?

My advice, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Your friend may have an account that gives him a static IP, in which case you can't change it. If the modem came preconfigured then the ISP may lock you out of the modem by with holding the username and password.

Yours is working, his is working. If YOU stuff up his modem settings so it doesn't work, your friends ISP will charge a fee to fix YOUR mistake.
"There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!" Kenneth Lee - after being shot down during the Battle of Britain on the 18th August 1940.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **
Old 7th December 2006, 17:10
Casual
Casual

Anyway,

is it is possible to remove username and password? If yes, please tell me how.

Thanks.
Old 7th December 2006, 17:16
Administrator

Reputation: Wired is just really niceWired is just really niceWired is just really niceWired is just really nice (384)

Have you asked the ISP? The login / password may be authenticating on their servers.
Old 8th December 2006, 04:29
Administrator

Reputation: biggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to behold (766)

You seem very insistant so here is one way to remove the username and password. It will also remove any configuration settings as well, so YOU will have to reconfigure the modem to get it to work. (Instructions are from the SpeedTouch 510v4 manual)

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS AND THE MODEM DOESN'T WORK.

Hardware reset
Proceed as follows:

1. Make sure the SpeedTouch™ is powered on.

2. Power off the SpeedTouch™ by pressing the power button until all LEDs turn off.

3. Press the power button once again (shortly).

4. As soon as the Power/System LED is flashing green, press the power button once more (shortly).

5. The Power/System LED stops flashing to become solid green. After six seconds, it starts flashing green again. Press the power button once more (shortly).

6. All LEDs flash green once.

7. The SpeedTouch™ reboots and will come online with factory default settings.

IP will now be 192.168.1.254
"There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!" Kenneth Lee - after being shot down during the Battle of Britain on the 18th August 1940.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Last edited by biggles77; 11th December 2006 at 18:05.. Reason: Spelling
Old 11th December 2006, 10:20
Casual
Casual

Thanks to all of you. You helped me.

Best regards.
Closed Thread