Petri.co.il forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Security > General Security
Petri.co.il is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Rogue Systems on the Network

Rogue Systems on the Network

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 2294 times

Closed Thread

Old 12th May 2006, 17:04
Casual
It's not a coincidence

6 month star 12 month star
Default Rogue Systems on the Network

Hi,
I work for a small corporation and I run security scans on our network on a daily basis. I also monitor our DNS and DHCP Servers to see who is grabbing IP's and registering in our DNS. I have a few computers that will pop up on the network from time to time. These system usually are from our vendors or clients the bring in there laptops and connect to our network. How can I stop them from Registering in our DNS? We us MS Server 2003 DNS AD Intergrated Zone. Also besides implementing a proxy server how can I get it so the do not get any network connection. (I pretty sure proxy server or ipsec Domain Isolation is the only answer). If we were to us use a proxy Server what are people recommendation. Again we are a small corporation of about 200 users.
Old 13th May 2006, 01:24
Here to help

6 month star 12 month star
  Send a message via Yahoo to netxt
 Reputation: netxt is a jewel in the roughnetxt is a jewel in the roughnetxt is a jewel in the roughnetxt is a jewel in the rough (307)
Default Re: Rogue Systems on the Network

Hello,
In order to prevent “intruders” to register in DNS configure your AD integrated zone to accept Secure updates only.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;816592

Regarding to isolation, I would recommend you IPSec. In this way not only Internet connection would be protected but internal servers would also not be accessible for clients that is not member of your domain and don’t have the proper IPSec pol. configured.
Let us know if you need help in this direction.
Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate
Closed Thread