Petri.co.il forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Server Operating Systems > Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2
Petri.co.il is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Adding Domain user accounts by default to the Administrators group of domain computer

Adding Domain user accounts by default to the Administrators group of domain computer

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 15344 times

Closed Thread

Old 23rd August 2006, 14:24
Casual
Casual

6 month star 12 month star
Default Adding Domain user accounts by default to the Administrators group of domain computer

Hi there,

We have 2000 users in our Active Directory in single domain splitted with 40 Sites. Some of the Helpdesk users want to connect the domain PCs to do some administrative functions on the PCs, At the same time i have added these users in "HDESK" DL-G group and this "HDESK" DL-G group is member of Account operators group. they have access in the domain controllers for creating, deleting user IDs and to reset their passwords.

Now i want to add this "HDESK" DL-G group in all the local PCs administrator group. so that they have administrativr right on the local PCs. is is possible to automate by GPO or script.so that i don't want to connect each pc and this group manually ??

By default "Domain Admins" group is added to the administrators group in the PC if it is connected to the domain. but i don't want help desk users to give domain admin rights because of security reasons.

Advanced Thanks
Old 23rd August 2006, 14:31

Reputation: Dumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to behold (844)
Default Re: Adding Domain user accounts by default to the Administrators group of domain computer

I thought you can do this with restricted groups in a GPO

http://www.windowsecurity.com/articl...ed-Groups.html
http://www.windowsecurity.com/articl...ed-Groups.html
http://www.phetios.com
http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
"No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
"If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Old 26th August 2006, 07:56
Casual
Casual

Thumbs up Re: Adding Domain user accounts by default to the Administrators group of domain computer

Thanks a lot Dumber for your valuable solution, Thanks for the link. This is what i need to do in my domain PCs. It really helps me in solving the difficulty i had.
Closed Thread