How can I make Windows XP boot faster?
Active Directory Management Software will be part of Spiceworks’s 5.0 release in Sept 2010. Spiceworks’ Active Directory will let you manage user accounts and passwords, link devices to specific users, and view all help tickets opened by a specific user. All for free!
Download Spiceworks 4.7 now, and you’ll be automatically alerted when Spiceworks 5.0 is available - and it will still be free!
You can make Windows XP boot faster by 5 - 15 seconds (on some machines).
To do so do the following:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
- Locate the following key in the registry:
- Make sure you backup the keys by exporting them to a .reg file.
- On the EnablePrefetcher value, change the setting from 3 to 5 (decimal).
- Close the registry editor.
- Restart your computer.
Note: Whatever you do DO NOT install a tool called BOOTVIS from Microsoft, unless you're absolutely sure of what you're doing and have good knowledge of the tool and it's use.