How can I quickly perform search operations in AD from my desktop?
Spiceworks provides 100% Free Network Management Software to IT Pros to monitor everything on their network including MS Exchange Server health, network bandwidth, and Windows performance.
There are no tricks or fine print with Spiceworks – their network management software is completely free including support and upgrades and features a wide range of useful IT management functionality.
No problem. Create a new shortcut on your desktop with the following command:
Give it a name and run it. This is what you'll get:
You can also configure a specific search option, such as a subset of the entire domain (one specific OU to search in, for instance), or a specific search operation, such as a Shared Folder search, or a Printer search:
After configuring the search criteria you can save the customized search to your desktop, and thus easily create a "Search Printers" or "Shared Folders Search" icon.
You can also easily change the icon for each search option and choose a better icon for each search option.
You might also want to read the following related articles:
- Add Administrative Tools Icon to the Desktop in XP/2003
- Add Command Prompt Here Shortcut to Windows Explorer
- Add Printers and Fax Icon to the Desktop in XP/2003
- Add Scanners and Cameras Icon to the Desktop in XP Pro
- Add Scheduled Tasks Icon to the Desktop in XP/2003
- Add Spell Checking to Internet Explorer
- Change or Add OEM Logo and Information
- Create Taskpads for Active Directory Operations
- Customize a New XP Installation
- Customize Command Prompt in Windows XP/2000/2003
- Customize the Places Bar in Office XP
- Delete the Recycle Bin Icon from the Desktop in XP/2003
- Disable Shared Documents Folder in Windows XP
- Extract Specific Tools from Adminpak.msi
- Microsoft Powertoys Suit
- Quickly Share Folders from Desktop
- Restore Classic Search in Windows XP
- Send To Notepad Shortcut
- Shell Enhancements and other Tweaks for Windows XP/2000/2003
- Unhide Recycle Bin when Dragging and Dropping Files