This page contains a collection of Windows Server 7 related articles, tips & tricks, whitepapers, useful tools and more.
Recommended Windows 7 Reading:
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 - Download Free TrialOne of the most common uses for Hyper-V Server is in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environments. Hyper-V Server gives IT professionals a cost effective VDI solution with simplified administration, flexible storage options, and dynamic allocation of resources.
- 10 Criteria for Server & App Monitoring SoftwareSelecting a Server and Application Monitoring tool that can grow as you do requires planning. In SolarWinds new whitepaper, learn the ten areas of consideration you should review before making your decision.
- Windows 8 Camp in a Box, Consumer Preview EditionThis download includes the hands-on-labs, presentations, samples and resources from the Windows 8 camps. The Windows 8 camps are free training events for developers ramping up on Metro style app development. System requirements: Windows 8 Consumer Preview + Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Beta (any SKU, including Express)
- FREE 90-Day Trial of Windows AzureWindows Azure is an open and flexible cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications. You can build apps using any language, tool or framework. And did we mention it's free for 90 days? Quickly build, deploy & manage applications. Use any operating system, language or tool. No obligation, totally free.
- Welcome to Windows 7!
Everything you need to know about deploying and running Windows 7.
- New Taskbar Features in Windows 7
Windows 7 has a bunch of cool new capabilities that might come in handy for a lot of users. Some good, some bad, some a welcome change, others are a thing to get used to, in this article, walk you through the new features found in the Windows 7 taskbar.
Featured Downloads for Windows 7:
- FREE 3 Month Windows Azure Trial: An Open & Flexible Cloud Platform Built For YouWindows Azure FREE trial includes: Compute - 750 hours of a Small Compute Instance. Storage - 20GB with 1 million Storage transactions. Content Delivery Network - 500k CDN transactions. Data Transfers - 20GB outbound / Unlimited inbound data transfer. Relational Database - 1GB Web Edition. Access Control - 100k transactions. Caching - 128MB cache.
- Download Windows Server 2012 - Fully Functional 180-Day TrialRegister to download fully-functional trial of Windows Server 2012. Windows Server 2012 will offer businesses and hosting providers a scalable, dynamic, and multitenant-aware, cloud-optimized infrastructure.
Introducing the Windows 7 Deployment Learning Portal
Created by the group that developed the Windows 7 certification exam, the Windows 7 Deployment Learning Portal offers a free online assessment that covers key areas of the deployment process such as:
• Preparing for deployment
• Configuring a Windows 7 image
• Compatibility testing
Receive personalized recommendations on how to increase your knowledge and prepare for certification. Complete the assessment at your own pace. At the end of each module, you will receive customized learning recommendations that direct you to the most relevant resources from the Springboard Series, Microsoft Learning, and TechNet—and, more importantly, resources that support your path to certification. Find out if your skills pass the test.
- Using Remote Desktop Connection Manager
- Replace Default Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Recovery Environment in Diagnostic and Recovery Toolset Version 6.5
- Get the Windows Live Messenger Icon back to the Tray Area in Windows 7
- Configuring Taskbar Alerts & Maintenance Functions in Windows 7 Action Center
- How to Remove Libraries & Favorites from Windows Explorer in Server 2008 R2 & Windows 7
- Quickly Defragmenting Partitions in Windows 7
- Creating a Partition During Windows 7 Installation
- Shrinking the System Partition in Windows 7
- Extending the System Partition in Windows 7
- Get Back Quick Launch in Windows 7
- Transfer User Files and Settings from Windows XP/Vista to Windows 7
- Almost Everything You Need to Know About DHCP as a Systems Administrator
- The Ultimate Guide to Installing Windows 7
- How to Join a Domain in Windows 7
- Is Your PC Compatible with Windows 7? Find Out with Upgrade Advisor
- Windows Recovery Environment (RE): The Solution When A Computer Won't Boot
- 3 Ways to Enable the Built-In Windows 7 Administrator Account
- How Can I Install and Use Hebrew Fonts on My Windows 7 Computer?
- Quick Tip: How to Create a Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 7, Server 2008 and Vista Too!
- Get Back the Classic Start Menu in Windows 7
- Evolution of Windows Firewall: Windows 7
- Evolution of Windows Firewall: Windows Vista Firewall
- Evolution of Windows Firewall: Windows XP with SP2
- Disabling User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7
- Image-based Installations with Windows Imaging Format
- Evolution of Windows Firewall: Windows XP
- Managing Multiple Remote Connections mRemote (Open-Source) Connection Manager
- Speeding Up Internet Explorer 8 with Accelerators
- Getting Familiar with the Windows 7 Start Menu
- Private Browsing with Internet Explorer 8 and Windows 7
- Virtual Disk Options in Windows 7 Virtual PC
- Getting Started with the Windows 7 Desktop
- Installing Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) for Windows 7
- Creating a Virtual Machine in Virtual PC on Windows 7
- How to Remove Old Device Drivers from Vista & Windows 7
- Windows Virtual PC and Win XP Mode Release Candidate
- Managing Multiple Remote Desktop Connections with Windows 7 and MuRD
- Quick Guide to the New Aero Features in Windows 7
- Uninstalling Windows XP Mode (XPM) Beta from Windows 7
- Install Virtual PC on Windows 7
- Inside Windows 7 Security: BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Restoring Windows 7 from a Backup System Image
- How to Enable More Simultaneous Downloads in IE 8
- It's Official: Windows 7 Drops October 22nd!
- Windows 7 Upgrade Paths
- Working with System Image Backups in Windows 7
- Restoring Files with Backup and Restore in Windows 7
- Choosing the Best Storage Desination for your Windows 7 Backup
- Windows 7 Backup & Restore - What it should have been in Vista!
- Security Overview of Encrypting File System (EFS) in Windows 7
- Windows 7 Release Candidate (Build 7100) - Early Details
- Dual Booting Windows Vista with Windows 7 Ultimate
- Setting up Windows Vista to multi-boot Windows 7 Ultimate
- Upgrading Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate
- Changes to the Security Center in Windows 7
- Quickly Change Screen Resolution in Windows 7
- Fine Tuning Service's Startup for Speed on Windows 7
- A Guide to Windows 7 Network and Sharing Center
- New Taskbar Features in Windows 7
- Drag and Drop to Command Prompt - It's Back in Windows 7!
- Upgrading Windows XP Professional SP3 to Windows 7 Ultimate (beta build 7000)
- Installing Windows 7 in VMware Server 2.0
- Windows 7 Editions Comparison
- Windows 7 Cool Feature - Problem Steps Recorder
- Windows 7 Performance Tweaks
- Installing Windows 7 Beta
- How to Partition Your Hard Drive